Tuesday 17 March 2009

Tripe

I was growing anxious, pacing about the front room and waiting for FP to come home. It had been another stressful day with Motwoozle and Daisy'sDad in situ; I couldn't leave them unsupervised for a single minute.

I was tired, upset and if I could have rung my paws I would have! Where was FP?

This morning in the park I knew there was a fox nearby but do you think I could get through the brambles to reach him? No, I couldn't. I ended up with a thorn in my head and that's pretty much how it was all day. Woe.

Then, outside in the street, I heard the jangling of keys. FP was nearly home and I ran to the door. Footsteps, more jangling and then...the door opened and there she was!

I barked with happiness! FP was home and then I caught scent of something wondrous. What was it? I'd never smelt anything like it before and then FP was placing her bag on the floor beside me and I had to stop barking or she wouldn't undo the zip (although, you know, it wouldn't have taken my collie mind long to overcome that obstacle!).

I humoured FP and ST and stopped barking and oh! The reward was great! A tripe stick. Another snack to add to my list of favorites! Thank you Princess Leia and Mr Dixon! Thank you all!

No comments: