Tuesday 3 March 2009

Strike a pose



Yesterday after being frantically busy I realised that I am not properly appreciated. No.
So I went on strike and made my picket line at the top of the stairs.
I chose this location very carefully:
  • I fit exactly in the gap between the banister and the wall
  • I could get to my feet at any moment and send anyone stepping over me flying, so the jeopardy is great - only I know when it will happen
  • All my needs can be met whilst at the top of the stairs (I can smell cheese/ham/pigs ears in the kitchen, I can bark at anyone approaching the front garden, I can make sure ST doesn't sneak out, I can mob anyone being allowed in etc)
  • The positioning of the lights in the hall make my eyes glow, giving me a certain je ne sais quoi (oh yes, I speak French!)

But mostly I have to admit it was the getting-in-the-way thing that swung it for the top of the stairs, otherwise I'd have gone and lain where I normally do and watched the garden and slept whilst being on strike.

My terms and conditions were met, BTW. ST & FP have agreed to keep better time when fetching my snacks and to stop spending so much time dicking about on weekend mornings so that we reach the park before all the greyhounds have cleared the squirrel areas.

No comments: