Wednesday 29 October 2008

Long Walk today

My paws!
But that's not all...FP's crazy idea to make me walk to the park this morning meant that I couldn't sing without attracting a following like the Pied Piper so I just kept quiet.
Then we went past all those houses where I think a lot of foxes hang around so I had to sniff each and every one very closely.
THEN when we reached the park and I could run about chasing Tugger (new), FP went and threw it in a tree!
THEN I had to guard the tree whilst she jumped up and down trying to free Tugger (new) using sticks, broken off branches, borrowed umbrellas, my lead (which also temporarily became stuck) etc. All to no avail and there's me having to drive away other dogs who thought if they could get Tugger (new) down they could keep it.
Eventually a taller person came along who wielded the broken off branch rather more skillfully than FP did.
I was relieved and set about chasing Tugger (new) like I haven't chased it before. In fact, facing today's walk and possibly the rest of my life without Tugger (new) has changed the way I feel about it and I've decided to leave off including a bracketed 'new' after every mention. I'm sure that my old Tugger will understand as it must by now be somewhere near Norway.
But that's not all!
THEN I had to hang around and wait whilst FP chatted with other dog walkers! For ages! Don't they understand but at all? Dog walkers is what we call them because dog walking is their only task and yet they gather in huddled groups gossiping...Honestly.
Of course the lengthy gossip session meant that I forgot about having to walk home so I went on chasing Tugger with all my new found love for it and it was only when the lead came back out that I realised I didn't have a ride home.
My paws!

No comments: