Saturday 21 February 2009

Disruption

I think I would make a good 7 in rugby. FP often likens me to a 'leggy lock forward', but I am much more like an annoying 7.
Take this morning for example. FP & ST have got up early to watch the Crusaders play the Brumbies and I am getting in the way by standing across FP's lap and doing my special look (droopy eyelids) which means I am enjoying being tickled on my legs as I stand there. I am enjoying it but I'm also IN THE WAY but FP loves me so she can't deny me this pleasure.
I am also staring at ST so that he has to look at me, at which point I move in and do my 'vulnerable little dog' expression (a bit sad but adorable big eyes). I follow this up with a snuggle which sees me tucked neatly into ST's chest and, again, because he loves me so much he cannot shift me out of the way.
Both of these manoeuvres obscure about a quarter of the TV screen.
When I grow bored of the above I lie on the rug and give them both berry eyes, then I want to go out. Maybe I need a wee, maybe I don't. Can they take the risk of making me wait until half time? Well, no they can't because I might tell other owners in the park about this cruelty and they will be shunned.
So you see, I am much more 7-like than 4 or 5 because I am both lovable and intensely annoying when others are trying to do something else. I'm staring at FP right now and she's not sure why...I love this! Crusaders have a really ugly front row BTW.

No comments: