Saturday 22 November 2008

Charades

(click to enlarge)

We had people over last night and, after some barking games, we played charades. Above you can see me and my good friend Bella trying to enact a poignant scene from 'The Last Family In Britain', a moving story about how it is for dogs (you should all read it). Bella was representing the wisdom of the older dogs in the book through the medium of lip-licking, and I was depicting the fecklessness of spaniels by waving more than one leg in the air.
Unfortunately our game of charades was brutally interrupted by ST setting off the fire alarm. I doubt that any of you have given any serious thought to how you make an evening really special beyond providing food and drink but I'd say almost deafening guests will ensure that you enter a special place in their hearts.
I enjoyed having Bella over. I showed her my toys (although I didn't let her play with any of them) and we each enjoyed a Dentastix - which didn't make up for the fact that we didn't manage to snaffle anything from the table but you can't have everything, can you?

No comments: