Friday 22 August 2008

They should have put me on 4th leg

I wouldn't drop a baton! You see, it's all about getting a good grip and hanging on. Simple, lots of dogs in the park can do that.
Not all dogs in the park can get the hang of stalking squirrels though. They haven't the patience. It's all sprinting and heavy breathing, whereas I take my time, approach only when the squirrel is not looking at me and freeze like a statue when it is looking at me.
Sometimes, when a squirrel has been looking at me for a long time, I realise that it thinks I am not a threat so I move even slower than when it wasn't looking at all and it is entirely fooled! Maybe it thinks I am a bush being blown in a gentle breeze - who knows what stupid things a squirrel thinks whilst munching on a nut.
BTW, I've been practising my winning smile - what d'you think of this one?
"Cheese!"

No comments: