Monday 25 August 2008

So Close!

Amazing! This morning in the park there was a Stupid Squirrel and I nearly managed to catch it!
It was there, munching on a nut and then I came along, minding my own business. I spotted it, it spotted me and the chase was on.
Where it started there were loads of trees and I thought it would head straight back up one but NO! It ran off to where there were no trees for about 40 metres and I was gaining, gaining, gaining and then I was right up behind it and it changed direction, jinking left, right, left again and so on. I thought: "This is it!" as I matched it for manoeuvrability but all of a sudden it was close enough to a tree and gone.
It sat on a branch panting with it hands on its knees and, you know, I think there was a little smile on its face because it knew how close I'd been. I tried pushing the tree with my front paws and barked for a bit but it really was time to come home.
I enjoyed my regular jumbone when we arrived back and felt more than usually pleased with life.

No comments: