Friday 22 May 2009

Lost & Found

Being a collie I am intensely interested in keeping things neat and tidy (except for my bed which I like to mess up after a grooming session). I feel better about the world when I know where things are, see and this explains why I never actually retrieve Tugger when ST throws it in the park but I do always check out where it has landed and make a careful note, sometimes mark the spot with pee. This is what dogs do.
Here are some things on the lost & found list this week which are causing me some distress:
  • FP's watch is still 'missing', even though I know where it is. This means that FP has no clue what time it is and is beginning to impact on my Snack Schedule (the importance of which is clear to you all, I'm sure)
  • A chicken carcass which I distinctly remember being dropped by a pesky fox under the buddleia at the top of the garden is also missing. I have suspicion that this was removed from the garden by ST & FP and am watching them for clues as to its present whereabouts
  • My Argentina rugby ball. Haven't seen it in ages
  • My metal fine-toothed comb is FOUND! This is good because the way that feels working out the knots in my coat is awesome and is largely the reason I have to tear up my bed post-grooming.
I'm going back to watching the garden now from my window sill. ST is shifting about downstairs and may lead me to the chicken carcass at any moment...

No comments: