Monday 18 May 2009

Daisy Doodle!


I was so excited waiting for FP to come home this evening as a package arrived for me (ME!) this morning and I badly needed someone with opposable thumbs to help me open it.
I did my usual thing with Postie (attacking the letter box, barking like a maniac) and then imagine my surprise when it turned out that the biggest piece of mail was for me (ME!)! I've never had post before (my Kennel Club stuff doesn't count because it's Official).
I paced about all day checking the time on FP's watch which she lost the weekend before last and I haven't let on that I know where it is yet (tee-hee). Tick, tick, tick. Time went by so slowly and there was my package waiting to be opened...
I have to say that I was tempted a couple of times to exercise my keen collie brain and just open it myself but I was discovered by Motwoozle. I think I may have fooled him into thinking it was pure coincidence that I happened to have my package in my bed but who knows if he really believed me.
Eventually it was time to watch from the front windows to see if FP was coming along the road and SHE WAS! I ran barking to the door and jumped around. Once she was in I led her straight to the package and communicated using my collie ears and some more barking that it was very IMPORTANT that the package was opened quickly! I'd been waiting all day!!
I was amazed by the number of legs on what was in the package but when I heard the first squeaks I just knew I had yet another awesome toy! I am the luckiest collie in the WHOLE WORLD!
Thanks Daisy for thinking of me and I look forward to being able to play with you and my new best toy very soon - I'm going to call it Leggy Leggerson. Tugging games are best for me, what's your favourite?

No comments: