Monday 23 June 2008

Too hot already!

It was sooooo hot in the park this morning that I couldn't do much running, which knocks my training on the chicken left-overs thing. I keep looking at the short-haired dogs and thinking they don't know how lucky they are. Plus, if I wasn't so fluffy FP couldn't call me 'Fluffy Noodle', I wouldn't get the dreadlock belly after puddle-jumping (with added soggy mud digging!) and grooming wouldn't take so long. Sigh.
I managed to get an extra bonio this afternoon by sitting in the sun and panting. To entice me into the shade, FP offered me a bonio. I thought about burying it in the garden but the shrubs have all gone a bit crazy and I might not be able to find it.
ST must have recorded me singing in the car and now he's listening through these funny extra ears at his BigMachine - at least it all sounds like my car singing (high pitched, wailing) but the pictures don't seem to be of me but some really ugly men. I don't know but it keeps him busy for hours at a time and I have (HAVE) to make sure he takes breaks by bringing him my top toy of the moment: Kong Wubba! Excellent mouthful for a dog of my size, double squeaker mechanism and a decent length of tail so that I can yank and pull on the squeaker end whilst either FP or ST make a fuss about keeping hold of the other. Very satisfying.
BTW, you're welcome to make comments about my blog. For instance you might be wondering how I manage to find the time to blog when I'm such a busy dog. An average day for me includes:
  • making sure FP sees sad eyes watching her leave in the morning
  • making sure ST is properly entertained with dog opera en route to the park
  • keeping all (ALL) other dogs in the park moving in the right direction
  • managing the squirrel population
  • digging out the water fountain to keep the water clean
  • reminding ST about the jumbone I require post-walk
  • keeping look-out for the pesky pooing foxes (and neighbourhood cats)
  • scaring the bejesus out of anyone delivering junk mail (this can be done either by barking like a maniac or appearing suddenly at the window with a wild look in my eyes)
  • monitoring carefully the comings and goings in the street
  • making sure my evening meal is delivered on time
  • watching Murder, She Wrote, Scrubs and My Name Is Earl
  • eating a dentastix and then checking the sofa in case any one's dropped some cash or some food

I think you'll agree I'm a very busy dog! Right, I'm off for tis time to round up FP and bring her downstairs for no apparent reason she can fathom. Makes me laugh.

No comments: