Sunday 7 December 2008

In the park this morning...

...I had some fine late season stalking! There haven't been many squirrels around owing to the chilly weather and this morning's frosty conditions certainly fooled me into thinking that I'd have to focus on chasing Tugger about the whole walk. Then, when we got to the other side of the cricket pitch there were 3 squirrels all lined up! You could have knocked me down with a feather.
Actually, it would be impossible to knock me down with a feather - I'm a collie and it takes something along the lines of the promise of part of a bacon sandwich for me to even roll over!
There were several dogs today at whom I did not bark. This is because I have a New Policy which is related to the pounding my good name took after the smashed-glass-next-to-a-packet-of-biscuits affair.
On the extra-plus side, Sonny (my assistant) has completed all my Christmas cards and we will be popping the overseas ones in the post tomorrow. I went for a traditional design rather than a picture of myself on the cards this year as I am still working hard to perfect my smile and feel I can improve still. Maybe next year.

No comments: