Monday 13 June 2011

Tick...but not the good kind

A tick got on my neck. Bad.
Luckily, FP has some tools and she managed to get rid of this tick. She had to hook the tick in the tool and twist v-e-r-y gently until it popped out, jaws and all. FP looked at the beast carefully and there were bits waving about in the hook and sticking out the other side was a big, fat creamy white coloured body.
I think this will serve as a lesson to me to be more careful when I'm plunging about in the undergrowth looking for foxes and what not. Or, taking those celebratory rolls on the grass after I've caught Tugger in the park. Ah, well frankly I haven't a clue where I picked up this rotten old tick thing. 
The thing is to make sure when grooming your dogs that you check for ticks. They can be black or creamy colured and you HAVE to make sure that you get out ALL of the jaw parts as well as the body. Don't rush the process; take your time and if you aren't sure, go to the vet. After you've removed a tick, keep an eye on your dog for 24 hours at least to make sure that we aren't behaving oddly (more oddly than usual that is).
Well, that's all from me right now. I'm watching Twitter for news on something else...This does not mean that I'm ignoring you. It just means that I'm busy (again).
Okay, bye *waves*

No comments: